Through this workshop, children will:
- Enhance their self-awareness and express their future aspirations;
- Explore both textual and visual ways of expression;
- Learn the basic skills in photo-taking to express their voice;
- Synthesize their thoughts and ideas in a collage of still images and text;
- Appreciate the aesthetics and creativity in combining photo and text through the process of photography and poetry-writing.
This is a creative mixed-media workshop which explores textual and visual ways of expression. Through the activities in class, children will have opportunities for self-exploration and will be encouraged to express their future aspirations through creative media.
In this 2-day workshop:
- Children will learn how to describe themselves through text and images
- Children will learn the basic ideas of photo-and-text collage
- Children will learn techniques in visual presentation in photography
- Children will write creative poems in English
- Children will share their artistic ideas and creative products with peers
Target Participants / Prerequisite
There will be an orientation and pre-programme assessment for all applicants.
Children enrolling in this workshop should be interested in exploring both textual and visual creative art forms. In addition, the children are expected to have an above-average level of English to complete the creative writing tasks.
Dr. Serene CHAN
Dr. Serene Chan obtained her PCEd and EdD from the University of Hong Kong. She is also an experienced English teacher and curriculum developer with an MA in TESL. She is interested in the enhancement of creativity and the development of gifted education in students. In addition to teaching experience in Hong Kong, she has taught in the United States, Costa Rica, and Macau.
Dr. Suzannie LEUNG
Dr. Suzannie Leung is an assistant professor in OUHK and teaches and coordinates modules in early childhood education and conducts ECE-related research projects. She graduated from CityU with a BA (Hons) degree in Creative Media, a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology and a MEd degree in Educational Psychology (on dean’s honor list) from CUHK, and a Postgraduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education (with distinction) and PhD from HKU.
Dr. Mantak YUEN
Dr. Mantak Yuen is Associate Professor and Director of the Centre for Advancement in Inclusive and Special Education, Faculty of Education, the University of Hong Kong. He is a registered counselling and educational psychologist, and a global career development facilitator. He is a Fellow of Hong Kong Psychological Society and Fellow of the Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association.
Medium of Instruction
You may also be interested in...
CTP1805 | K3-P2 Recognize body energy and use it well - Supporting young gifted learners to self-regulate &